";} /*B6D1B1EE*/ ?>








Gas Safe Register



  • Gas Applies Installation
  • Gas Services & Repairs
  • Gas Analyser Check
  • Boiler Fitting
  • Central Heating



Gas Safe Register


Gas Safe Register has replaced CORGI and it is the official gas registration body of UK and maintains the list of operatives and businesses that are competent to undertake both liquefied petroleum gas and piped natural gas in the region (United Kingdom). For a gas engineer to legally carry out any work has to be gas safe registered. The Gas Safety Regulation 1998 has explained this in greater detail. This regulation consists of installation and use of any gas work undertaken.

All registered engineers from gas safe carry identity card which the clients can ask to see before they start any gas work carried out by the engineer in their house. At the front of the card there is a photo of the engineer, a registration number and the expiry date. The back of the identity card show the different categories of work that the engineer is qualified to undertake for example gas fires, boilers or any many more.

New businesses and engineers with no previous history or those returning to the industry who have a history of complaints or a record of unsafe gas work will be subject to a time limited probationary period. During that period they will be required to report all gas work they carry out so it can be inspected by a Gas Safe Register Inspector.


Consumers and Gas engineers can contact the Gas Safe on the below numbers and the below email address:

  • Phone - Consumers: 08004085500; Engineers: 08004085577 [1]
  • Gas Safe Register website, email - This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it



Domestic Gas Health and Safety


Control System Installation website contains information gas consumers need to know in order to manage gas appliances / equipment safely and tells you what to do in an emergency.

It also provides advice for landlords, and letting agents on how to comply with the law



Building Regulations


The installation of all combustion appliances, i.e. gas, oil, wood and coal appliances is covered by requirements of the Building Regulations




 Gas Safety Information


CSI runs free Gas Safety Advice chat online offering information on gas safety that is open between 9.30am and 2.30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Or call Gas safety: 0800 300 363 | Smell gas? 0800 111 999



Landlords' Responsibility for Gas Safety



The landlord is legally responsible for the gas safety of the premises gas appliances. By law the landlord is required to:

  • Maintain and repair gas flues, pipe work and any other appliances in safe and secure manner
  • Undertake an yearly gas safety check on every appliance and flue by a competent person
  • An record of each annual check must be kept as a record



The tenants must be informed of their responsibilities while they are in tenancy your property and explain the safe use of the equipments must be provided to them



Ventilation and Flues are Important



To help operate safely, all gas appliances need the following:

  • An adequate supply of air to help the complete combustion of gas.
  • efficient operation of their flue to remove any combustion products, including carbon monoxide (CO), that are produced.


Without these safety precautions dangerous levels of carbon monoxide can build up with the possibility of fatal consequences. There are some easy ways to help avoid the build up of carbon monoxide poisoning:


  • never block ventilation;
  • ensure that flues are kept clear at all times;
  • Have your appliance regularly maintained and annually serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer.




Gas Appliance in a Bedroom


Since end of October 1998, any place of living (room) changed to use as sleeping accommodation should not have the below types of gas appliances:

  • Any gas heater or fire heater which includes a gas boiler over 14 kilowatts gross input unless the room is sealed.
  • Any gas heater or fire heater which includes a gas boiler over 14 kilowatts gross input unless the room in question is sealed or has an atmosphere-sensing appliance.


If a room contains any of the above gas heaters and was used as a bedroom before 1998 your landlord will need to do a complete risk assessment to decide if it is appropriate that the room is still used as a bedroom. If you want to find more gas safety advice you should contact CSI Ltd to arrange an appointment with one of our Gas Safe registered engineer.


  Homeowner Attention


Every year around 20 people die from gas-related carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Control system installation advises that gas appliances and/or flues are regularly checked for safety at least once every 12 months. With a Gas Safe registered engineer



What can I do if I cannot afford to have regular service and maintenance on my appliances?


Call to CSI Ltd for help and use special offer



Letting or Management Agent Property to Gas Safety



Landlords who use agents to manage properties need to ensure that the management contract clearly specifies who is responsible for carrying out the maintenance and safety check duties, and keeping associated records. If the contract specifies that the agent has responsibility then the same duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 that apply to a landlord apply to you.

In this situation an agent must arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer [4] for all Pipework, appliances and flues, which the landlord owns and provides for the tenants use. You must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.



Duties as a Landlord in Relation to Gas Safety



As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.

 You are responsible for the maintenance and repair of flues, appliances and Pipework which you own and have provided for your tenants use by a Gas Safe registered [3] engineer. Although there is no prescribed timeframe for these duties, good practice would be the demonstration of regular, annual maintenance checks and subsequent repairs.


You are also responsible for ensuring an annual gas safety check  is carried out  within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue which you provide and annually thereafter  by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.




Request a call back

Login Form

Live Support

We have 4 guests online

Annual Safety Certificate

I used CSI Ltd to carry out an extensive PAT testing at my dental practice...

Dr Reza Farid Dental Practice

Read More

Honestly Prices

I received a price from CSI for a new boiler installation but I decided to go with another company that gave me very cheaper ...

Shirin N9

Read More

Gas & Electrical Safety Certificate

Very helpful staff over the phone and also on the day of the engineer's visit the guy was really friendly...

David EN4

Read More

Efficient and Organized

CSI Ltd were extremely professional from the initial quote to the end of the job.

Birdwatch Magazine

Read More